Young Womens and Valentines Day
Do you ever sometimes feel like your effort finally pays off? Well mine did on Wed. Evening. As you know I am in the Young Womens Presidency. We had New Beginnings on Wed. and we came up with the theme A.R.M.Y (A Royal Mormon Youth.) We ordered dog tags with their names on it and had our invites sound like they were getting drafted into the army. It went amazing you could feel the spirit and the girls were in tears along with there parents. I know some of you are thinking big deal.Let me give you a little background on these girls. We are the 6th presidency these girls have seen in the past year. These Young Women come from humble places. They are all dirt poor and I mean poor. Some are sexually abused by their parents. None of them live in houses they all live in apartments were drive by shootings are a regular occurance. For some the only Christmas Present they got was what we gave them as a presidency. Now, saying all of that they really dont have a chance to feel the spirit often enough. However, they are wonderful, full of energy, happy girls I have ever met. We were praying and working so hard that New Beginnings would be a success. When it all came together the hard work and effort was worth it all. I don't mean to brag I just wanted to share that sometimes we make a diffference in peoples lives and not even know it.
The pictures below are of Valentines Day. Logan wanted to write his own name on all of his valentines so it took us a little while to do, but that was ok. Then he got to decorate his bag at pre-school and he was excited about that. He was eating his sucker and Anya kept taking it from him I had to get a picture. The last one is Anya's new thing is to stand there. She wont walk but loves to stand for like 5mins. at a time. It's pretty funny. Her outfit Logan picked it out; he said since it was Valentines Day she had to wear pink and red because those are Valentine colors. If, you look closely you can see a pink bow on her pants.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home