El Paso, Texas
Last week Kent phoned and said that he would have a four day pass (done w/ training.) He wanted to know if I wanted to come out to El Paso, Texas for those 4 days. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see him one last time before leaves for Iraq on the 30th. I asked my mom and sister if they would take the kids for me. Of course they said yes, so thank you to them. My brother in law (Dave) said he was going to do the biggest gainer on my kids while I was away. My sister said Anya hasn't even cried once. Man, I need to leave my kids more often.(JUST KIDDING!) These last few days have been wonderful Kent and I haven't been alone like this sine our honeymoon. I miss the kids but this has been nice.
The serious of pictures are random so sorry. The last set our of us on base exploring the "Old Fort Bliss." We were killing time before church. Church wasn't until 7 PM. It was worth the wait. We went into the meeting and their wasn't many of us, but you could feel the spirit so strong. I don't know how to really explain it, not that I never feel the spirit at church but it was just different. I guess it made me fell like I really wasn't alone in this whole crazy deployment. A guy was headed for his 4th tour to Iraq and his wife was at home with four kids. I complain about this being Kent's 2nd tour but I realize I really don't have anything to complain about. There I was surrounded by these people who sacrifice so much for us that I think I had forgotten that this wasn't about "poor Rashelle" this is about so much more that I don't even understand. After it was over the leaders(they have men come from "regular wards" and conduct the meeting;they are not military.) offered to give priesthood blessing to anyone who wanted one. The things that they were promised in those blessings just brought such peace to I believe anyone who was in the room. Whether they were leaving or not. Kent's Dad gave him a wonderful priesthood blessing before he left but I know one other solider didn't have one until that night. You could just see what a difference it made to him.
Enough of my babbling as you can see it has been a great trip even if it was for only 4 days.


8 Comments:
Oh, I'm so happy you two got to see eachother one last time before he left! 2nd Honeymoon, wahoo! :)
We all owe you and Kent and others who serve us a big Thank You. Let me know if you need anything. After all were neighbors now.
I'm so glad you got to spend some alone time together. We miss you too!!!!
I'm so glad you guys got to spend time together! Looks like you had a great time! You are always in our prayers and we miss you guys so much!
yay for alone time! i can't believe anya didn't cry. that's gotta be a relief for you.
hey you may think hmmmm i dont know this chick!!! I lived down the street from kent and the family in idaho falls when they were here. Congrats on the baby!! And good luck to Kent! I can't even imagine how rough that would be to send my hubby away! You guys have an adorable family and if you want to check out our blog just email me at mspiggy381@hotmail.com since our blog is private.
I feel so out of touch as I haven't viewed blogs in a couple of weeks. Looks like you had a great trip and I am so glad you got to go and spend some time with Kent before he left I hope you are feeling better we will have to catch up soon Shirlyn
I'm so happy to hear you got to see Kent! You deserve that. We are so thankful he willing to serve our country. And thank you for allowing him to be gone from your family. I'm just around the corner, let me help you if you need it. I'm serious!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home