The Berry Family are old blog

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Then need for perfection and Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to everyone! I am afraid this blog has nothing really to do with the pictures I posted. However, I'll explain the pictures first.

Thanks Kent for sending home that huge black box. The kids use it for a climbing toy. Logan loves to climb on top and jump off and Anya usually will do the same thing as her brother. The second picture was when I was babysitting our friends kids and they all ended up playing in the dirt. How can you not take a picture of kids playing in the dirt?
The third picture shows Anya sitting in her wagon of blocks. She thinks she is funny sitting inside with all the blocks, and so do I.

Now, to get to the title of this blog. Kent is going to becoming home soon and I want everything to be perfect. Don't ask me why. I decided I would start spring cleaning every inch of my house. Harder task then I realized when it's just me and the kids(and the kids are no help.) I stayed up until Midnight cleaning the kitchen. I cleaned out all the cupboards watched everything from top to bottom on my hands and knees. (I never said it was a smart plan.) Then this morning I tackled the kids rooms. That went better then I thought. Don't get me wrong my house normally I feel is pretty clean. I HATE messes. I find myself in a much better mood when everything is nice and clean and I can enjoy myself when the house smells like cleaners. (Yes, I said that and yes I am weird.) I was talking to a friend they other day about this need to have everything perfect in our lives. Why are we obsessed with having a clean house? Why do we want to be the perfect hostess? Why do we feel the need to please others? You know what we really couldn't come up with any logical explanations, except we are women and that it's in our genes. So, I guess to all you mom's and not mom's out there Have a Happy Mother's Day and do something for yourself. Me I am going to finish reading Pride and Prejudice for the 3rd time. (fan of Jane Austen)

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cox Family said...

I know what you need about perfection. I think a great mothers day would be one day where I just didn't care if I did anything or not, but here's to dreaming. We are too much a like I will call you soon
Shirlyn

May 11, 2008 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow! What an ambitious lady. I think it is so funny how we women start cleaning the way we do. Like anyone else is going to notice our cupboards are wiped out. :) But we do it anyway, don't we? Did Kent get home? I remember seeing your email but I can't remember when it was. Have a great day.

May 15, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home