Shots/ and I knew I wasn't crazy
I thought I would be smart and kill two birds with one stone as the saying goes. I scheduled both of my kids to get shots on the same day. Logan's five year old for kindergarten in the fall and Anya her two year old. Needless to say it went OK. Both kids were not happy when the needle went into them but they survived and I don't have to worry about shots for awhile. Afterwards we went to the store and picked out a treat to make it all better. Than to top it off for Logan while Anya took her nap later that day we played his favorite game LIFE.
Now on to my other topic of where I knew I wasn't crazy. Most of you know Anya is a very clingy child. However, lately it has gotten worse like beyond clingy. Your probably wondering what do I mean. Well, the best way I can explain is let me give an example. We will be in the store and someone will come up to us and say something and she will freak out to the point she is literally trying to climb up my body. I have had to leave the store before with a cart full of groceries because she won't come down. There has been more instances but I won't bore you with all the details. I was beginning to wonder something isn't quite right this can't be normal behavior for a child. After talking to my cousins many times because she has had the similar situation with her own child. She suggested I see a developmental pediatrician. So, I did and it turns out Anya has social/separation anxiety disorder. That's where I knew I wasn't crazy comes in. At first I thought no I am just making a bigger deal out of this she'll out grow it. I think I am just more stress since I am raising the kids without help right now. This is all in my head. I decided something needs to be done before the baby comes in July and for her and my sanity sake. Like I told the pediatrician I am not asking for a quick fix or to give her any medication I just need some coping methods on how to help her. Luckily they tell me hers is a minor case and she will out grow it in time. The older she gets and the better she can communicate the better it is suppose to get. I was telling my cousin that I feel some what relived now because now I know there is something more to her clinginess and now I am learning how to help her better.
On to a funny story Logan makes me laugh. Like he started soccer on Saturday and he just loves it so now he says my job on Saturdays is to watch him play soccer and not forget the camera so I can take pictures for dad. (I forgot the camera on Saturday. Sorry Kent.)
Sorry, that's not the funny story I was just babbling again. Logan is determined that we need to name this baby Spider man and so the other day he brought it up again and I asked him what if it is a girl (We aren't finding out the sex of the baby.) He said "mom Spider man is a universal name and so it won't matter if it is a girl or a boy." I have no idea where he learned that word but it sure made me laugh. I hope it does the same for you.


3 Comments:
is the separation anxiety because of kent leaving or not related to that? poor little anya.
logan is hilarious
Glad everything went well with the shots!! Poor Anya, glad you are able to help her! Hope you are doing well, let us know if you need anything!!
It is always nice to have someone confirm that you are not crazy. I'm sure Anya's condition is related to her dad being gone. I'm so sorry. I hope it gets better and easier for you. Good job on getting shots done with both kids. Did you get yourself a treat too? You deserved one, for sure! Your kids are so sweet. You are my hero girl.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home